Time To Come (Acts AX-783) 1978
Admittedly this is not what is generally considered a cutting-edge style, but like a hardy fungus it grew on me. By this time The Acts’ sound had evolved into a highly-polished summery blend of easy moods: jazz, soft rock, pop, lounge, funk, MOR and samba, all linked by smooth airy male/female harmonies. Horn player Rande Isabella does a pretty impressive Maynard Ferguson impression. Not every cut makes the grade, but a good many I found to be surprisingly digestible. Same sundial cover as Emmaus Road Band. All three of these records are obscure-as-heck custom jobs. (The Archivist, 4th edition by Ken Scott).
Sorry I have not found this album yet. The below information was found here: http://www.discogs.com/Acts-Time-To-Come/release/3022845
|A1||He Already Loves Us
|A2||Just In Time
|A5||I’ll Still Love You
|B1||Share The Love
|B3||Sing And Rejoice
|B4||Just The Beginning
|B5||Time To Come
- Arranged By – Rande Isabella
- Backing Vocals – Royce Taylor
- Bass – Rande Isabella
- Drums – Gary Terpak, Nick Teminsky
- Engineer – Dan Sabella, Rande Isabella
- Flugelhorn [Solo] – Rande Isabella
- Guitar – Mike Baranski
- Keyboards – Dan Shapiro, Jim Moran, Rande Isabella
- Lead Vocals – Mark Sabella, Rick Baker (3), Ruben Vasquez, Sue Byo, Tom Sabella
- Percussion – Rande Isabella
- Piano – Carla Painter, Howard McCrary, Jim Garber
- Producer – Rande Isabella
- Saxophone – Dave D’Angelo, Dave LaLama
- Trombone – Jim Masters (2)
- Trumpet – Rande Isabella
Recorded and Mixed at Inner Chamber Sound Labs, Girard, OH.
Recorded with Tascam Series 70 8-track recorder through a Model 10 console. Mixed to Revox A-77, using .
Despite this recording only having 8 tracks, there were 45 different overdubbed parts on the song Time to Come, including a dozen guitar parts and more than 20 vocal tracks.