A Folk Passion (Reflection  RL 305)  1972  UK *

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Diverse British conceptual drama about the Crucifixion, musically described as “the swing of jazz, the drive of beat, the sensitivity of folk, the dignity of traditional church music, even the atonality of modern classical music”.  Nothing really grabbing on here  –  in fact much of it is rather gloomy and minimalist, usually the parts with church organ or acappella singing.  Interesting, sort of.  Some fuzz guitar on one song.  Recognizing that 90 percent of contemporary musicals are worthless drivel, I guess 20th Century squeaks into the other 10 per cent.     (The Archivist by Ken Scott, 4th Edition).

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tracks:

Song #Song TitleTime
1-1Hosanna
1-2Last Supper
1-3Gethsemane
1-4Purple Robe
1-5Burial
2-1Jesus The King
2-2Sunset
2-3I Want To Know You
2-4Manana
2-5Come To The Cross
2-6Joy
2-7Benediction

 

 

Home